This morning I went back the chiropractor as a follow up for my rib (I have already been back to get my rib set). My appointment was for 10:30 but Mom came and woke me up at 7:15 and asked me to ride along for her appointment. The guy asked if I just wanted to go ahead and get adjusted so I didn't have to come all the way back which was totally nice of him!
He rubbed his hands down my back and then poked me in my sacrum as he said
"That hurts!"
"Ouch!"
"I called it" he replied with a slight hint of glee. I guess when you are a chiropractor, and all you do every day is crack backs, you have to entertain yourself somehow. He is really good though. He can feel your muscles and then tell you where you hurt before you get around to it.
When he checked my rib he found that it was still out of place in the front. He made me feel my rib so that I could see how much it was sticking out compared to my other ribs. Apparently you can dislocate a rib and then put it back in the front or back but the opposite might not go back into place depending on how tight your muscles are. When it is out in the front it will shift your sternum over and then mess up your whole back.
He popped my rib back in place in the front and I was on my way!!!
August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment