Pages

December 02, 2007

Wedding Pictures

These are only a few of the wedding pictures but Doug has them all on his computer and I figure a few is better than none!!!!












The day of the wedding was amazing. Most people said that it would fly by and that we would not get to enjoy it... they were wrong!!! I was able to relax and enjoy my friends and family all day long. This was due to everyone's efforts to make things go smoothly and also to all the planning that we had done ahead.

The ceremony was beautiful. Doug cried when I walked down the aisle and then seemed to be a little tense as I took my place beside him. So I proceeded to play thumb war with my unsuspecting victim (we play it all the time) and won easily. I smiled beautifully as I whispered "sweetie...I won!" I watched the reality of the situation dawn on his face as I fiercely choked back the laughter. I would like to say that the game loosened him up but I think that it only distracted him further.

The reception (I will post pictures later) was the best I have ever been to. Imagine that... I am biased about my own wedding.

The plan was to leave the reception on Doug's jet ski. I had bought white pants and a shirt for this very purpose... cant ride a jet ski wearing a wedding dress! As I ran into the bathroom to change into my "riding" clothes I was horrified to find that I had not packed a bra (my dress was a corset itself). Now, this might be something that would happen to most people but I am a planner and planners do not forget very important articles of clothing such as a bra.

The shirt that I had bought for the occasion was very thin and we were to run down to the lake... not the right circumstances for winging it!

I left the bathroom in search of one of my bridesmaids to steal the necessary equipment for running but I bumped into my adopted mother who happens to be a very proper, genteel southern woman instead. This is obviously only a facade to hide the crazy things that she does.

Now this woman is one of my favorite people in the world but this day I was truly shocked by her behavior. She proceeded to ask me what size I wore. I kept telling her that I needed to find one of my bridesmaids. I finally told her what size and she, with slight chuckle, said "you can have mine."

I laughed and we went back to the bathroom where my mother was waiting. I quickly changed and found my husband to make our departure. It was successfully carried out and the poor woman (who I have very carefully not named) finished out the night bra-less with none the wiser.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutly hilarious! I laughed so stinking hard Natalie.

Your were a beautiful bride and I love y'all very much.

Call me when you get a chance k.

Anonymous said...

I meant "you" on the second line. ;)