Pages

April 13, 2009

Easter

Yesterday was Easter and we had a sunrise service in the back pasture with the Baileys, Ezzells, Griggs, Pullens and my mom. It was beautiful but... COLD! It was also wet. The Baileys and Ezzells showed up in Easter Sunday dress such as sandals and thin flowing dresses. We all wrapped in blankets and shivered as we worshipped. We decided that next year we are definitely going to mow beforehand and also build a fire.

After that we all went in and had a huge breakfast together. I love having such a close "family." I, unfortunately, went back to bed at 8:30 because I had a very bad headache. Later we did the leavened bread hunt as we have done every year since I can remember. The only difference was that adults did not participate. This is the first year that I have not "hunted." It was kind of sad but I am sure that we will do it again in years to come. Things are a little crazy right now so Easter was a little thrown together this year.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, our Easter was very much like that... family, sitting around in the living room, talking about Jesus, and eating breakfast together.

Praise Jesus- where are you working?