Pages

December 07, 2009

Noises in the Night

So last night I crawled into bed at 8:20 to get a good nights rest. I talked to Doug for a little while and then just as I was about to go to sleep there were loud voices outside our window and then banging on our window! Mom and Jeny got in from MD. After spending an hour visiting with them I made my second attempt to go to bed. Right as I laid my head on my pillow I heard a loud scraping/scratching sound. What in the world?!!! There is a closed up fireplace right behind our bed so naturally I assumed there were mice back there. I went into the kitchen to tell all of my woes. Jon told me he was sure that it was a chipmunk for he had seen them crawling into the chimney. Great! We banged on the walls for awhile to no avail. Resigning myself to a night full of scratchy sounds from mini claws I laid back down. Just as I did the family members that did not have to work today started a movie in the living room.... next door to my uninsulated room where the door does not close. Then, to top things off, Doug put on his headphones so that he could listen to music while he studied. Scratch scratch... music... dialogue...scratch scratch... music... dialogue.............

No comments: