Pages

January 12, 2010

Sweet Slumber

Yesterday I rode to class with Doug so that afterward we could go see his dad in the hospital at MCG. I had to get up at 6:10 and was determined to go back to sleep as soon as we got to the school parking lot. Only problem was that the temperature was 14 degrees when we left!

My solution to the problem... bring our whole duvet with down comforter insert. I figured that even if it was freezing outside that, without wind, I would be warm enough. I also wore two jackets, a scarf, one glove (couldnt find the other one), jeans, knee high thermal socks and decided not to take off my shoes.

As I nestled down with all of my gear in preparation to sleep, a beautiful lullaby began to play to softly rocking me into blissful sleep. It went something like this.... thud thud thud...thud thud thud!

Someone parked near my spot and had rap music playing extremely loud with the base all the way. After several minutes the guy must have gone into class (late as it was 8:10) and I was left alone again. A few more minutes passed and I realized that I could not sleep because I was too warm.....WHAT?!

Okay... so I did have a lot of clothing on but come on... it was freeeeeeezzzzing outside. Off came the overcoat and scarf and I settled back down. After another few minutes my foot started to fall asleep so I switched sides and repositioned. As soon as I was dozing off again the baby decided to start doing belly flops and supermans. Great!

I did eventually fall asleep and slept very soundly. Surprisingly I had to take off all of my excess clothing because I was so warm even though it was so cold. Guess we made a good purchase in that bedding... or maybe the Lord made the car warm for me!!!

No comments: