Pages

September 07, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

I am just now getting a chance to blog about this past weekend! We had such a blast. Jimmy, Summer and I went to Georgia so that we could be there when Morgs got engaged!!! We left on Thursday night and on Friday we went skydiving. It was definitely one of the most A-mazing experiences of my life. I wasn't nervous at all which really surprised me. Jimmy and I are talking about getting certified so that we can jump all of the time.

We were supposed to jump early in the afternoon but didn't actually get to go until around 5:00. The boys (Dave and Doug) had to go first because we couldn't all go at the same time and the girls wanted to go together.

While we were waiting beside the plane we started talking to the guys that we were jumping with. I told mine that he could feel free to mess up because breaking my leg is also on my list of things to do before I die and that I could kill to birds with one stone... he told me I was psycho! Summers dude made a comment about impending death (he probably didn't word it that way but whatever) and I told him that there was no problem because we were going to heaven anyway.

When we got in the plane I kept anticipating that funny feeling in your stomach, slight shaking and in my case, teeth chattering but they never came. My little dude told me that when the doors opened that I needed to scoot forward and throw my legs through the doorway and then whenever I was ready roll out... so I did. We flipped around a few times and then stabilized for a 30 second free fall. It was freezing but A-mazing!!!

When the chutes were all pulled Summers guy pulled up next to us and we got to talk while falling in the sky! It never crossed my mind to be concerned about the approaching land once we had left the plane.

The next day, we all knew what was happening except for Morgan, we went rock climbing. Or more like bouldering because we had no ropes and the rock faces were only 30 feet high. We would stand under the people climbing so as to break there fall if need be. Twenty minutes after we got there Dave followed Morgs up the rocks and walked out of earshot to propose. I would tell you all that was said but... not really my place!

After that we all went back to the trailhead to surprise Morgs with an engagement picnic with family and friends. She had no idea that people were there other than our group. Then we went back to climbing... a little more carefully for Morgs because of the ring!

That night Kenya came and stayed at the Marietta house with us because we were going to Six Flags the next day. While the girls were downstairs talking the boys somehow snuck upstairs to worship. They didn't know it but we sat at the bottom of the stairs and listened and worshipped with them. It was awesome! They had 4 instruments going and they were singing their hearts out for several hours.

Kenya and I went outside to talk in the car because it was the only place with any privacy... until everyone joined us! Jimmy came out first and dove into the backseat. Next came Doug who joined him. Then came Summer who hopped in my lap in the drivers seat followed by Dave in the middle seat in the back. Last but not least, Morgs jumped on Kenyas lap to conclude a very squished car. Both seats were leaned back and there were 3 guys back there (in the Echo) that are over 6 feet. We accidently bumped the horn a few times and decided to get out since it was 3 am and they have neighbors.

The next day was awesome at Six Flags! We rode all the major rides that were open and just had a blast.

It was definitely an awesome weekend and I am so happy for you Dave and Morgan!!!

1 comment:

princessme said...

That is so amazing that ya'll got to witness whole-hearted worship without them knowing it... There's just something about being able to witness worship without that person knowing it. IT'S SO AMAZING!!!
love ya
allison