We are in Maryland right now visiting Jess,and the boys. We have been going downtown to the D.C. mall for the last two days and have been in lines and lost at least 30 times as long as we have been enjoying exhibits and museums. Jess and I got up this morning and waited in a line for tickets to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. We left the house at 5:30 and Jess dropped me off at 6:30 so that he could drive around and find a parking spot. Only 700 people can go in a day and each person can get 4 tickets for a specified time throughout the day. The line was extremely long and when the booth opened at 8:00... over 2/3 of the line was turned away. I felt terrible for them!!!! The Bureau was awesome though. I saw millions and millions of dollars while I was there... I might be exaggerating slightly but you would not appreciate the story as much if I didn't.
In the National Museum of Natural History there is a section for Western Culture. The first display is of a human skeleton grabbing onto the horns of a goat skeleton... man taming the wild! As Doug walked up to the display next to me I, very calmly and with a slight hint of awe, told him that they dug up the remains of the two specimens exactly as they were displayed in the exhibit. I then tried to turn very slowly with a straight face while he stared with the most tender and trusting look at the display saying "Really? That is so cool!" I guess I did not turn fast enough cause he punched me before my face was completely hidden. I laughed so hard I disturbed all of the reverent exhibit observers around me but I could just not contain myself!!!
Doug and I got incredibly lost on the way home. I thought it was kinda funny but Doug definitely did not! After a long trip to see D.C. in it's entirety we are now home and Jen and I are going grocery shopping.
March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaa
I love it!!
Poor Doug... I would have loved to have seen this.
Hope the cherry pie turns out great!!
Love youuuss!!!
*morgs
Post a Comment