This weekend was the last weekend to complete or dive certification! We started on Saturday with two dives and some quizzes. At the beginning of the day I set a goal to make our dive instructor (Mr. Man) laugh out loud 15 times. Now I took this task upon myself with the utmost seriousness. I had set a goal and I was going to make it!
Needless to say, at the end of the second dive I made him laugh for the fifteenth time. As I screamed, did a jig in the water, and threw myself backwards with sheer joy... he told me I was crazy but definitely continued laughing. After I calmed down (10 minutes later) I explained to him why I was so elated. He laughed some more... boy am I good!!!
Somewhere, though out the day on Saturday I managed to bust a blood vessel in my eyelid. When I asked Mr. Man about it today, he told me he had never heard of such a thing happening while diving but it was kinda crazy. The only thing that I could think of was that I must have done it while trying to equalize my ears. I have been pinching as much as possible and then just blowing really hard, hoping to make my ears pop. There was a consistent screaming in both ears every attempt that I made and it hurt. So naturally I assume that the blood vessel has something to do with that. My eyelid is now a pretty shade of purple and I have a lump that you can feel underneath the skin which used to be a blood vessel and is now two little pieces of useless tubing floating around just beneath the skin.
We finished up our last two dives today with success!!! We had a blast and mom and I are now certified divers!
I will definitely miss Mr. Man... he was a great instructor and is an awesome man. He also photographs weddings so I told him that if I ever get married I will definitely give him a call. Mr. Tyler said that Mr. Man might be dead by then but I am choosing to ignore that remark!!!
June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment