Pages

October 30, 2006

The rest of our journey!

The next thing that we came upon was a town... err city?... which was out in the middle of the wide open plains. All you could see for miles was absolute nothingness and then all of a sudden... skyscrapers!

Now the point of building the ever so expensive skyscraper is to build up when there is no room to build out. I promptly turned to Dad and in a high pitched whiny child-like voice I said "Mommy, I went to be a real city... one with skyscapers!"

We stopped in El Paso to spend the night and when we got there I really wanted to go work out. I joined a very old man as the only occupants of the workout room and we proceeded to get into a deep conversation for over an hour... strange how things happen sometimes!

When I went back to our room Dad told me that there was no sample shampoo or conditioner. They had a bar of soap and that was all. I went and bought a sample bottle of shampoo out of the vending machine for $2.

We had to get up at 5:30 so we went to bed early. I layed in bed for three hours contemplating issues of life and was finally about to fall asleep when Dad started snoring. I don't just mean an irregular short snort every once in a while but the loud obnoxious kind that you hear in the movies. Are you kidding me? After he finally started to quit down and I was falling asleep a train went by really close to the hotel. So the rest of the night was a series of Dad snoring and the trains going by.

We got up at 5:45 to find that I had accidentally not packed any clothes to wear. How does one forget to bring clothes might I ask you? Anyway, I ended up wearing a pair of sweatpants and one of Jimmy's really big sweatshirts. Ehh... whatever!

The event was soo much fun. Dad and I had such a blast!!! As soon as we download the pictures I will post them.



No comments: