Pages

November 27, 2006

Casting Room

Mom and I went to see the orthopedist today. It was the most uneventful trip I have ever taken. I diagnosed myself before he came in and the he just repeated me. When we were called to go to the back into the scary freezing cold rooms that house only bad news... I cringed on the trek to the unknown.

As soon as we were safely deposited in the examining room and the nurse was taking my BP there was a movement of the door handle. A nice woman pushing a wheelchair was coming in. She looked confused and disoriented as she said "I think that this is our room." The nurse apologized profusely to both parties and escorted us out of the room.

We followed her down the hall to the casting room where she left us instead of an examining room. We were happy... it was far warmer and more comfortable. So there the doctor found us in the company of three bags of dirty linens with our feet propped up on a stool and lounging and laughing.

The doctor came in and looked at my x-rays, jammed his fingers on my wrist, hand and knee until he had heard a sufficient amount of yelps of pain when he said "nothing is wrong with you and you are a liar!"

No, just kidding... but the diagnosis is not very much more exciting than nothing, sorry folks!
My wrist is sprained and has "soft tissue damage" yadayadayada... I have to wear a brace for a little while. I will have a MRI for my knee next week to check it out but that's it... other than a lot of bruises and aches.

Yeah I know... entirely uneventful and boring...what a waste of time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is boring! You at least could have broken something... (not really, but I do hear it is on your list of things to do...)

princessme said...

glad to hear everything's ok
allison

The Georgia Verderys said...

Well, your typing skills haven't suffered any! I'm glad you are okay.
Love,
Rita