Pages

July 24, 2007

Dante's Lifeless Little Body

I have somehow ended up with a class schedule that allows a little extra time at school during the afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When I say "a little time" what I mean is 4.5 hours of complete destitution, monotony and boredom.

So I ask you, should I drive the hour home after my class in the afternoon, stay there for 2 hours and then drive the hour back for my evening class? I thought this was a preposterous idea a few weeks ago when I made the decision to stay at school for the afternoons... what was I thinking?!!!

I am so bored I would seriously consider plucking my eyebrows entertaining right now (and if you know me at all...)!

There is a little gnat (no pun intended) flying around my face and it is driving my nuts. See what I mean, this is the extent of my afternoon at UNT. The most exciting think that happens is a bug flying in my face... scratch that... the squishing of the little guy against my shirt just now.

I think that I will name the little guy Dante. Maybe I will take his lifeless, slightly flattened, little body and deposit him outside so that he may rest in peace. I could even bury him in the small patch of landscaping just outside the door... near the roots of a bush where his grave will always be shielded from the hot Texas sun by the little fragments of brownish specimens that we out here in Texas like to call leaves!

Are you starting to get the picture?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Dante. May he rest in peace, he most likely had a short and wonderful life.

OK...YOU ALMOST PLUCKED YOUR EYEBROWS!!! This is serious stuff man, call me next time. I am truly worried about you.