Pages

March 27, 2006

Can You Call This Testing?

I took my second chemistry test on Tuesday evening of this past week. When I got the test I thought to myself, this isn't so bad. I knew that I had a firm grasp on all of the concepts that were in the questions. What I didn't realize is that we had 40 complicated math equations to finish in one hour. As I finished question 20 I was startled to hear our professor say "time is up turn in tests...now" (he doesn't speak English very well.) All of the possible scenarios of hell passed in front of my mind and were quickly beaten down by my current situation. What was he thinking?!! Wondering if it was just me, I looked around to see all of the other students with the same look of awestruck horror that I am sure was mirrored on my face. We turned in our tests and left the room in shock...what was he thinking? Would this be our fate for the remainder of the class? Should we drop now before I losing any grasp on a decent GPA? The horrifying truth hit us when the "smart guy," who never talks, walked out of the room looking pale and shaking. I started laughing! It was the laugh of someone on the brink of insanity but what else was there to do. We all left and went home feeling lost and discouraged.

When we went to class on Thursday he told us that the grades were so bad he would not even let us see them. The highest grade (smart guy) was a 68 and the lowest was a 17 (I asked if it was me but luckily...no!) He would let us retake the test at home. A sigh of relief and then the grasp on sanity that had slowly been slipping away since the test was now firmly in hand!!!

No comments: